Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ancestry

I am thankful for my grandparents in many ways, from my inherited hair line and resistence against greying, to the help that has allowed me to live as well as I do, to the example they provide.

I spent many summers of my youth with them.

My grandfather was a better father than my biological one, whom I didn't see between the ages of 2 and 22, and my stepfather, a conservative police officer with a bent towards excessive control of the family.

My grandmother always made sure to ask how I was, and gave help when I needed it.  When I was young I resented the constant "eat this, it's delicious", but I was a scrawny thing after all.

I know that we all have limited times on this planet, and I am glad that they are not just around, but that they are active and fully functional as they approach an age with 3 digits.  I am thankful for that.

I only wish I can find the time to visit them more often, before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment